Fortego U’s Kitchen Hackers series features recipes, culinary skills and foodie knowledge shared by our team of CNO experts. In this 1-minute video and recipe below, Fortego’s founder Chad , aka “Cyber Fieri,” gives away his secret for the easiest and cheesiest Crock-Pot Mac and Cheese. Trust us, you’ll never go back to the blue box again. Enjoy!
CROCK-POT MAC & CHEESE RECIPE
- 2 16-oz boxes Elbow Pasta (Chad’s choice: Barilla Elbow Pasta)
- 2 8-oz blocks Cream Cheese (Chad’s choice: Philadelphia)
- 2 12-oz cans Evaporated Milk (Chad’s choice: Carnation)
- 5 cups Whole Milk
- 8 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 cups Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- Pour the dried pasta into your Crock-Pot.
- Cube the blocks of cream cheese and throw them in on top of the pasta.
- Add the evaporated milk then the whole milk.
- Add the shredded cheddar on top, covering all the ingredients.
- Turn the Crock-Pot on low for 8 hours. If you don’t have time, you can do 45 minutes on high.
- Stir in the monterey jack cheese and let it cook for about 20 minutes longer.
- Serve and eat!